incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Does an incubation proposal require a codebase?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 09:17:09 GMT
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Bertrand
Delacretaz<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> I would oppose to a podling with no code base and no @apache.org names
> in the list of initial committers - the chances of morphing that into
> a working Apache project would seem to slim to me.

I agree, and with one or more committers, Labs is open for business.
Now, it could be that the non-ASFers will be major contributors in
non-bulk manner (i.e. patches are too burdensome), in which case I
don't think we have a solution here and I would suggest Google Code,
GitHub or SourceForge as the bootstrapping hosting solution.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er