incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: incorrect terminology: lead developers
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 03:23:12 GMT
OK, then I'll try to provide more clarification. I don't understand
how a project without leadership can succeed. I don't care what you
call it, someone needs to drive the process. I'm not talking about an
implication of authority or a higher degree of ownership - I'm talking
strictly about making things happen. If that's not a "leader", then
what is it, in ASF terms?

Note that "leader" does not necessarily mean "singular" (i.e.
"dictator"). Most projects have multiple leaders. IMO, a project
without a "leader" (or leaders), will go nowhere.