incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: Making up policy on the fly
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:58:58 GMT

On Aug 18, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Hi Ant,
> I didn't intend to make up stuff on the fly, especially policy.
> After having been through the fine points of LICENSE vs. NOTICE so
> many times, I thought the consensus was to put *all* licenses into
> the top level LICENSE file. But having just scoured the official
> public pages promulgating policy, I can't find it.
> Let's continue the discussion.
> I still believe that it's bad form to put licenses in several places
> in distributions because users might not find them and thereby not
> know what they're getting.

You may consider it bad form, but until it is actually documented as
incubator or ASF policy I wouldn't consider it to be enough to block a
release. Especially since I am quite sure there will be a debate about
whether it must be one way or the other.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message