incubator-general mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Making up policy on the fly
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:52:42 GMT
> I think a big cause of frustration for poddlings and mentors is the
> unpredictable nature of release reviews with each vote for a release
> or RC respin getting a different set of best practice requirements
> depending on who is around to review.

Yes. If knowing about the policy means wading through all the old
board resolutions (like with the @author -policy, which is not
mentioned anywhere on the web site - who knows how many other such
policies we have that a podling does not know of?), it creates a very
frustrating situation - not to mention a very inconsistent situation
where copying another podling or an existing Apache TLP results in the
wrong way.

> Could we make following "best
> practices" what ever we decide those are a graduation requirement
> instead of a release requirement? So releases which don't clearly
> violate some ASF policy are voted out quickly and its the poddling
> graduation that is delayed until they've done a release we're all
> happy with.

+1.

/Janne