incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Making up policy on the fly
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:06:08 GMT

On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:49 AM, Joe Schaefer wrote:

>> when we can't even agree / document what that *right* way is.
>
> We who?  Robert has done an outstanding job of documenting what the
> right
> way is.  The only people who can't agree to it are people who refuse
> acknowledge his work on this issue.  Frankly looking at the commit
> history
> to releasemanagement.xml I could care less what their opinion is-
> they've
> had years to express it in that document and utterly failed to do so.

I agree that Robert has done an outstanding job of documenting the
right way.  But in the days long cassandra thread that sparked this
one, no one ever brought up that URL that Craig finally dug up
yesterday.   Until yesterday I think that some people didn't know (or
agree with) the *right* way.   It has nothing to do with acknowledging
Robert's work.    If we are going to come down on the podlings for not
following the rules, then we should make sure that we give them
straight talk on what the *right* definitive rules are.   That clearly
didn't happen in this case.