incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Diversity as an insurance policy (Was: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot)
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 18:23:29 GMT

On Aug 5, 2009, at 9:58 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> AFAIK Nowhere in the policy it is stated that committer activity ==
> code commits.
>
> Martijn

Absolutely right. I'd actually like to see more than 3 people with
commit privs (and I think most projects have that). As a mentor I
would be looking to see that the community is healthy - that there are
discussions about code going on and that there is a clear indication
that more than 1 or 2 people understand the code. I really don't think
it is all that important who actually performs commits, although it is
a great indicator that this is happening.

Ralph