incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Making up policy on the fly
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 00:00:00 GMT

On Aug 18, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> So I found it: http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
>
> Please take a look at http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distributing-code-under-several-licenses

>  [1]
>
> If this document is not normative, please let me know. Granted, it
> says "should" and not "must", so if there is a discussion presumably
> it's about whether "should" means "must".
>
> Otherwise, let's shut this discussion down and start following the
> rules.

OK then. There is something wrong with how hard that was to find
though. And you're right, instead of "If An Artifact Contains Code
Under Several Licenses, Should It Contain Several License Files?" it
would be much better if it read "If An Artifact Contains Code Under
Several Licenses, May It Contain Several License Files?".  However, I
think we should pretend it does.

Ralph