incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing poddling release voting process
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:35:33 GMT
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM, ant elder<ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, if we do the making best practices a graduation requirement
> instead of a release requirement that might alleviate the poor mentor
> issue as its easy enough to check the latest release at graduation
> time and vote against graduation until theres a release been done that
> everyone is happy with.

This is only delaying the trouble for getting a proper release, whilst
letting podlings produce and releasing sub-par, or even non-compliant
artifacts.

With your proposal, we will be getting questions why we don't let
podlings graduate, because their releases have been approved
already...

Sets bad precedent, and generally sounds like a bad idea to me.

Martijn