incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PATCH Re: Thrift release legal issues
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 03:21:08 GMT
----- Original Message ----

Frankly the document in question is a bunch of intimidating
circular gibberish.  I would strongly prefer a normative document
that doesn't allow a lot of leeway for projects to get creative
in their compliance efforts.  After all the primary concern of the document
is to ensure projects meeting all the legal and formal requirements for a
proper release.  That's boring stuff that should be written in an
informative style, largely with a single voice, not by starting off with
a gigantic heirarchy of categories of the sparsely collected wisdom of
the IPMC.

I'd be more than happy to burn the document down and start over again.