incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Changing poddling release voting process
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:21:35 GMT
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM, ant elder<> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Niclas Hedhman<> wrote:

>> My concern is more that of 'complacent mentors'... How many people
>> vote +1 even if they have not scrutinized the release requirements?
>> IMHO, too many... So, would that mean that some podlings will be able
>> to release crap that doesn't fulfill minimum legal requirements,
>> whereas other will be flogged to the bone by overzealous mentors?

> Poor mentors maybe an issue but as there would still be notification
> to general@ i expect there would be close scrutiny of the release
> votes. Also, would the suggestion of holding the first poddling
> release on general@ mitigate this issue at all?
>   ...ant

Also, if we do the making best practices a graduation requirement
instead of a release requirement that might alleviate the poor mentor
issue as its easy enough to check the latest release at graduation
time and vote against graduation until theres a release been done that
everyone is happy with.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message