incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift release legal issues
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:59:35 GMT
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Robert Burrell
Donkin<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You can put all the licenses or references to the licences in the
>> LICENSE file.
>
> AIUI this is only best practice, not normative. every third party
> library MUST have a license but including them next to the appropriate
> artifact (rather than collecting them together) is ok but not
> recommended.

Thats my understanding too. I know of a number of Apache projects
where the licenses are kept separate and with no mention in the top
LICENSE file, and IIRC in the past we've also had Incubator poddlings
doing this having their releases approved by the IPMC .

   ...ant