incubator-general mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: photark project (was: Re: Stepping down as mentor for PhotArk)
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 18:56:34 GMT
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Martin Cooper<martinc@apache.org> wrote:

> That Facebook page hasn't seen a wall post for five months, or a discussion
> since 2007...
>
> OK, so let's say we set up a Facebook page for PhotArk. Maybe we announce it
> by writing on the ASF page's wall. Don't people have to become a "fan" of
> the page to see updates to it without proactively going to the page? That's
> the part I don't get - how does this help us reach out? Surely people who
> don't already know about it are only going to hear about it if, for example,
> you or I say something about it in our 'status'. (I'm talking about Facebook
> here.) But we don't need a Facebook page before we can say something in our
> 'status'. So how does the page help?

You are right, that we still need to get people interested in going
and reading the content of the page (which is the hard part I guess
for a lot of podlings)... but in the end, I guess this is one more
place that could be reached by a search and provide some PhotArk
related content.

> I'm sure I must be missing something here. ;-(

:) I don't think so.... What I wanted to make sure is that there is no
issues if a project member wants to start advertising or reaching out
using these new social tools that are so popular these days...

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk