incubator-general mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: photark project (was: Re: Stepping down as mentor for PhotArk)
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 18:28:23 GMT
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Martin Cooper<martinc@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Angela Cymbalak <a.cymbalak@nechtan.org>wrote:
>
>> I've been spending more than my fair share of time on Facebook lately.  Are
>> we allowed to set up a Facebook page for the project?  Just not sure since
>> we are in incubation?  What about a Twitter feed?  Can we do those without
>> breaking any of the incubation rules?  I can do them if I know what my
>> guidelines are...
>

> What would be the benefit of a Facebook page? I can see a Twitter feed might
> be useful assuming there's some project activity to twitter about, but I'm
> not sure I see a purpose to a Facebook page. I'm certainly open to hearing
> about how it might help, though.

The idea would be to use the Facebook page to share some project
announcements, such as releases, participation on conferences, etc I
believe this is the same idea we are using for the main "The Apache
Software Foundation"  page in Facebook. This would really be another
channel to reach for people while we still don' t have enough traffic
on the PhotArk website.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2399716752&ref=ts

--
Luciano Resende