incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: incorrect terminology: lead developers
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 02:23:50 GMT
Ordinarily, I'd refrain from comment on a topic such as this. But I
think it's pretty unrealistic to consider any project, especially one
of Pivot's magnitude, to be practically fostered without any kind of
"leader". I don't claim authority, and I don't think that my vote
counts any more than anyone else's. However, I don't think *any*
project is likely to be successful without some kind of vision behind
it, and, from my experience, that's typically driven by a handful of
individuals. Yes, there are lots of other contributors without whom a
project would not be successful. But to say that there is no such
concept as a "leading developer" is a fallacy.

If that's an idea that's too foreign to the ASF, then perhaps Pivot
doesn't belong here.