incubator-general mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: [appeal] Help JSPWiki Graduate!
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:21:27 GMT

On Aug 10, 2009, at 06:49 , David Crossley wrote:

> Gee, i hope that more people will assist with this offer
> to review your project status. That was supposed to be
> your week to have some special attention.

It's holiday season - I myself haven't had anything but cellphone
access to the intahweb until this weekend ;-)

>> Yes, we're keeping our task list in JIRA instead of the web page,
>> simply because it's a lot easier, and encourages participation more
>> than a static HTML file somewhere.
>
> I know. However, that page is what the incubation docs ask for.
> Remember that the Incubator PMC (all volunteers with no time)
> currently has 38 projects to oversee. We must have such information
> in a consistent place and format.

True; I added a JIRA issue on it. But it does not have to be updated
until right before graduation, yes?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-588

> That is a high-level summary, whereas your Jira can provide
> detail for some tasks.

A good idea would be to add the links.

> I suggest adding a link to it alongside all other proposals
> at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/

Done.

>> OK, good.  And then a script copies it in the right place during
>> release process, I take it?
>
> See general instructions in
> http://www.apache.org/dev/#web
> http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html
>
> No, the websites are managed in SVN. Your project's
> committer does ssh to the server and deliberately does
> an 'svn up' (of course after initial checkout) in
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/jspwiki/

Yes, that's what I meant - someone must have a release script which
checks out the necessary bits from SVN, builds the release and
deposits it in a right place.  Anybody have a good example of such a
script?

> I meant adding the KEYS file to that distribution area
> as explained by the various "How to ASF mirror" docs.

Gotcha.

/Janne