incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making up policy on the fly
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:35:49 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 10:12 AM, ant elder<ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think a big cause of frustration for poddlings and mentors is the
> unpredictable nature of release reviews with each vote for a release
> or RC respin getting a different set of best practice requirements
> depending on who is around to review.

That's an area where I think the mentors should (and in many cases,
including this one, do) step up to defend the podling. After all, the
mentors should have already reviewed the release (or whatever other
action) by the podling and found it acceptable before it hits
general@. For example, it was good to see the Pivot mentors defending
the project in the recent graduation vote.

Disagreements here simply highlight areas where we and the podlings
can learn more, and hopefully lead to improved documentation or
clarified policy later on.

BR,

Jukka Zitting