incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Diversity as an insurance policy (Was: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot)
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:40:49 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Ralph Goers<ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> You won't find the second part solely from the commit log. I would expect
> mentors to be monitoring the dev list. If it is filled with "can you fix
> this?" then there is a problem. But if it also has "why did you do this?",
> "can we do this?", "I don't understand this commit" type messages then I
> expect the second concern is adequately addressed.

There's a difference between discussing a change on the list and
actually committing it to svn. It's the difference between a
contributor and a committer.

We are looking for projects with at least three independent
committers, and personally I'm not including inactive committers in
that count.

BR,

Jukka Zitting