incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:30:47 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 18:16 +0800, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Thorsten
>> Scherler<thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
>>
>>> How many committers are in the project? As understand from the thread 2
>>> coding committers but how many other committers?
>> 5 committers and PPMC Members in total, not counting 2 mentors.
>
> Then IMHO diversity is NOT an issue at all here. I bet a bottle of wine
> that we can find LOTS of apache projects where less then two people are
> doing 99% of the coding.

And there a LOTS of apache projects at risk of dissolving, therefore
the Attic was recently created to harvest those that die.

It would be good to know that at least 5% of the commits are from more
than two people.  But you are right, many projects there are committers
who could be active, but don't have a reason to be, because one or two
committers are active and keep up with most of the incoming bugzilla
tickets.