incubator-general mailing list archives

From Francis De Brabandere <franci...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Empire-db version 2.0.5-incubating (take 2)
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 07:44:50 GMT
Hi,

The Empire-db community has completed working on Release 2.0.5 and is
now looking for approval of the IPMC to publish the release.
So far the release has been approved by Empire-db committers, but due
to vacation time and other circumstances the Mentors are unable to
review the release. Hence in order to get this release out, we want to
get a bigger audience for vetting our release. We're hoping our
mentors will soon vote, but expect to need more binding votes from the
IPMC to make this release happen.

Since our previous attempt failed on general@ we prepared a new
release. All issues should be fixed except that we still have one
distribution archive which should not be a problem.

These are the major change from our previous 2.0.4 release:
- Maven project management
- New database handlers for Apache Derby, H2, PostgreSQL
- New Examples showing WebService integration using Apache CXF
- Unified distribution file for core and struts2 extensions.

Changelog:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/empire-db/tags/empire-db-parent-2.0.5-incubating/CHANGELOG.txt?revision=807889

Maven staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/empire-db-staging-035/

Distribution files are located here
http://people.apache.org/~francisdb/empire-db/

Svn tag:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/empire-db/tags/empire-db-parent-2.0.5-incubating/

Rat report for the tag is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~francisdb/empire-db/rat.txt
(one missing header in a txt file but I suppose this is not a problem)

Vote open for 72 hours (or longer if needed).

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

--