incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason Davies <ja...@jasondavies.com>
Subject Re: Trademark issues with importing "ibrowse" into Apache CouchDB
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:57:04 GMT
Hi again,

In addition to this, it might be useful to note that:

- "ibrowse" was first made public on May 5th, 2005 according to the
original public CVS repository (and no-one has complained about it
since that time).
- the US trademark was registered on May 24th, 2005.
- Chandru and I have just searched the UK trademark database and
discovered that "iBrowse" was registered in 2009, although by a
different company to the US one.

Thanks again,
--
Jason Davies