incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Snitkovsky, Martin" <martin.snitkov...@hp.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Releasing Wink 0.1
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:12:31 GMT
Regarding release signing -
I have uploaded release signing key to http://www.pramberger.at/peter/services/keyserver/
  & http://pgp.mit.edu/  public key servers

KEYS file can be download either from SVN or from Wink distribution www.apache.org/dist/incubator/wink
(once release is approved)

Do you think KEYS file should be available (how? As separate artifact?) for download from
Maven repository as well?

martin

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 6:32 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Releasing Wink 0.1

> On 06/08/2009, Snitkovsky, Martin <martin.snitkovsky@hp.com> wrote:
>  > The Wink community has started the voting to release Wink 0.1.
>  >  The voting mail thread can be viewed at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-wink-dev/200908.mbox/<2C60AA1B234AC84D8486DC6BA56275FC508A3CA379@GVW1163EXB.americas.hpqcorp.net>
>  >
>  >  We are sending this e-mail as a heads up so we can get additional feedback on
the artifacts from the community.
>  >
>  >  The Maven staging area is at:
>  >  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/wink-staging-014/
>  >
>  >  The distributions are in:
>  >  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/wink-staging-014/org/apache/wink/apache-wink/0.1-incubating/
>

> No point in having .asc.md5 and .asc.sha1 files; these should be
>  deleted before release.
>
>  The signing key does not seem to have been uploaded to any pgp servers.
>  [Key id 0x5E67E108]
>
>  Also, could not find the KEYS file.
>
>  It's not possible to check the sigs.
>
>  The hashes are OK.

Some of the jars have manifests which include the following:

Specification-Title: Wink WebDav
Specification-Version: 0.1-incubating
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-Title: Wink WebDav
Implementation-Version: 0.1-incubating
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache.wink
Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation

This is good as it helps to identify the jar in isolation.
However, not all of the jars have this information.
It would also be good to include the compiler source and target settings.

I'd like to see the NOTICE and LICENSE files also in the individual
jars (in the META-INF directory). At present they only seem to be in
the source jars, which don't have the full manifest info as above.

I got one test failure:

Failed tests:
  testLockingExample(org.apache.wink.example.locking.LockingTest)

I'll raise a JIRA and attach the Surefire output files.