incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RM procedural docs
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:51:01 GMT
On 21/08/2009, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

Good point.

Not sure how to phrase this - it's common-sense (I think), but can
easily be overlooked:
Since a release is intended for people outside the project, it is
important that it easy to use. So for example the top-level directory
in the archive needs to contain text files which make clear how to
build/install/operate the release, as well as the required files such
as NOTICE, LICENSE, DISCLAIMER, release notes etc. I.e. someone needs
to look at what the end user experience will be.