incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Releasing Wink 0.1
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:37:05 GMT
On 06/08/2009, Snitkovsky, Martin <martin.snitkovsky@hp.com> wrote:
> The Wink community has started the voting to release Wink 0.1.
>  The voting mail thread can be viewed at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-wink-dev/200908.mbox/<2C60AA1B234AC84D8486DC6BA56275FC508A3CA379@GVW1163EXB.americas.hpqcorp.net>
>
>  We are sending this e-mail as a heads up so we can get additional feedback on the artifacts
from the community.

>  The Maven staging area is at:
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/wink-staging-014/
>
>  The distributions are in:
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/wink-staging-014/org/apache/wink/apache-wink/0.1-incubating/

No point in having .asc.md5 and .asc.sha1 files; these should be
deleted before release.

The signing key does not seem to have been uploaded to any pgp servers.
[Key id 0x5E67E108]

Also, could not find the KEYS file.

It's not possible to check the sigs.

The hashes are OK.

>  This release is tagged at:
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-0.1-incubating/

The LICENSE and NOTICE files need to be in the top-level directory.

I had problems checking out the SVN tree because some of the path/file
names are extremely long (up to 198 characters), for example:

wink-integration-test/wink-server-integration-test/wink-jaxrs-test-providers/src/test/java/org/apache/wink/jaxrs/test/providers/exceptionmappers/nullconditions/JAXRSExceptionsNullConditionsTest.java

In the end I had to check out the tree into a top-level directory with
a short name.
This is on Win/XP.

I also had problems with the archives for the same reason.

I think this is going to cause problems for other users too.

There are quite a lot of files in SVN that are not in the source
archive, for example:

release_notes.txt
Apache_Wink_User_Guide.docx/pdf

src/assembly/dist.xml
etc.

Missing AL header:
wink-integration-test/wink-server-integration-test/wink-jaxrs-optional-providers/pom.xml

As a separate issue, there are a lot of missing SVN properties (mainly
eol-type:native).
I'll file a bug report for that.