incubator-general mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Does an incubation proposal require a codebase?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:55:22 GMT
Hey,

I am thinking about making an incubation proposal for a project I've been
wanting to do for a while now. I have list of initial committers and a technical
architecture proposal, but no actual code yet.

  Moreover, in order to provide a seed to grow and ground discussions on
  technical levels, the ASF incubation rules require the podlings to join the
  incubation process with an established and working codebase.

                                            - http://labs.apache.org/bylaws.html

I checked the incubation rules, but couldn't find any mention of this rule. Our
hopes were that we could start from scratch as a podling, and grow the code
along with the community. Is this going to be possible?

Thanks,