incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@SUN.com>
Subject Re: Making up policy on the fly
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:19:42 GMT
Hi Ant,

On Aug 18, 2009, at 8:53 AM, ant elder wrote:

> For the recent LICENSE and NOTICE file issues the current policy
> allows for the different approaches, different TLPs use different
> approaches, there's not been consensus on a single approach, and there
> are relevant JIRAs open with legal that aren't yet resolved.

Please correct me, but the recent discussion about LICENSE and NOTICE
wrt release was a release that did not have licenses for third party
projects that are part of the release, neither in LICENSE nor in NOTICE.

We can discuss (and will continue to do so) where the best place is
for licenses, notices, and copyrights (sometimes these are one and the
same) but to omit them entirely is just wrong.

Craig

Craig L Russell
Incubator PMC, DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo