incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Empire-db 2.0.5
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:23:33 GMT

On Aug 21, 2009, at 6:05 AM, sebb wrote:

> On 21/08/2009, Francis De Brabandere <francisdb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> About that assembly issue, running mvn assembly:assembly on the
>> assembly... I don't really think that makes sense.
>>

> The archive is supposed to contain the *full* source, i.e. whatever
> was used to create the binary.
>
> It must be possible to recreate the jars from the source archive,
> without needing to go back to SVN.

I haven't looked at the build, but this was/is common practice with
Maven. Brian Fox led a discussion on the members list a month or two
ago and I believe he has made some changes since then to address this
but they may not be available yet. I wouldn't make the project jump
through hoops to do this if Maven is going to fix the problem.

Ralph