incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] VXQuery
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 03:12:03 GMT
Vinayak, in some other mail you indicated that there's little code around
yet. So ...

Can we build this on top of StAX instead of Xerces (presumably SAX)? That
allows a high performant impl on top of Axiom, which would be very useful
for all projects that use Axiom (Axis2 & family, Synapse, Abdera, Tuscany (I
think) etc.). The StAX impl will allow CXF also to make good use of this and
should not affect the ability to build a DOM or DTM or any other model.

I would also love to see the Axiom binding done as part of this project but
that's not a requirement as that can be done externally.

Hmm thinking a bit more I guess the use of Xerces is just for parsing the
XQuery XML syntax bits right? You've obviously had to write a parser for the
non-XML syntax bits (which is a lot)? So then this is really an easy
request!

Sanjiva.