incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: Suspending Projects
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:44:10 GMT
This thread really needs to be put to a conclusion as policy and procedure.  On the table we

Suspension would include:

  -- disable the mailing lists (no need to moderate)
  -- disable commit access (no need to review changes)
  -- change the index of projects

The idea being to both flag it as dormant, and to remove the oversight requirements that we
have, by disabling anything requiring oversight.

There seems to be some disagreement over the word "suspend", which is being used in reference
to an existing dormant state, not sending someone to the Headmaster's office to be removed
from school.

There also seems to be a disagreement over the idea that inactive projects don't require oversight,
but I feel that if we don't close the mailing lists, they will not be properly moderated (moderators
still have to wade through spam looking for any faint signal), and people would wonder why
they send messages that get lost.  And we don't want to miss commit messages.  It is best
to structureally disable the resources than to trust in lack of use.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message