incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wookie IP clearance
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:58:55 GMT
2009/7/23 Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com>:

> On Jul 22, 2009, at 3:31 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>>
>>> Are we cool with the name 'wookie' as a mark??

> Just closing the loop on the various trademark debates being done
> on prc@ and members@, of course.
>
> It's called oversight.

Thanks Jim,

I did do a trademark check before proposing it. It is mentioned in the
documentation somewhere, but it may make sense for us to add a section
to the proposal template to indicate the search has been done.

Unless someone objects I will add a section, with links to the
relevant search engines in the UK and US (please provide other links
too if you have them to hand).

I guess the minimum check would be the US, with suggested checks in
other territories.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk