incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator maven artifacts on maven central
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:57:13 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Joe Schaefer<joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Some people claim there was a vote held in October which settled the
> matter, but as far as I can tell the results were a long way from
> establishing consensus amongst the IPMC. So what's the story, has
> the policy changed or hasn't it?  I'm looking for a definitive
> answer to a straightforward question, not lots of opinions of how
> things aught to be.

Incubation Policy [1] now says: "[...] the Podling MAY choose to
distribute approved releases through other channels like the central
Maven repository."

The policy change was made in revision 704280 [2] (see also
INCUBATOR-82 [3]) based on the result of a vote on this mailing list
[4].

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=704280
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-82