incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal][Vote] Traffic Server
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:11:41 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 10:49 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Leif Hedstrom<leif@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>>> ...it's my pleasure to submit a
>>> request for Traffic Server to be accepted into the Incubator. The proposal
>>> is attached below, and is also available on the Wiki:
>>>
>>>  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TrafficServerProposal...
>> +1
>>
>> I don't have a problem with having 5 mentors.
>
> I do. Shindig has maybe six mentors, and struggles to get 3 +1 votes on
> its private list. When there are so many mentors, it seems to me to
> become unclear where responsibility lies.

Well, as one of the five prospective mentors for the Traffic Server,
I'm easy.  If people feel there should be fewer, I shall be perfectly
happy to lurk, watch the code and techie discussion, and raise an
eyebrow from the sidelines if I sense straying from the Apache way.

Anyway, +1 on the proposal.  I want this project to happen,
whether or not I have a formal role mentoring it.

But obviously I don't speak for anyone else, so that's -1 on any
proposal that involves arbitrarily excluding two prospective
mentors just to get the numbers "right".

--
Nick Kew