incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject IP clearance question
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:40:33 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to perform IP clearance on the Sigil project to Felix.

The contributed archive contains some embedded JAR files, one of which
is covered by AGPL, which is a modified version of GPL. I am told by
Paremus (the contributors) that only two minor classes depend on this
JAR and it could be easily removed from Sigil with very minor impact.

So, the question I have is, do we need them to submit a new archive that
doesn't contain this code or is it sufficient for us to strip this code
before importing the contributed code to SVN?

Thanks.

-> richard