incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Proposal for Wookie a W3C Widget/Google Wave widget engine
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:53:30 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I would like to submit the Wookie project proposal to the Incubator
> PMC. Our draft is appended to the end of this mail and is available
> at:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/WookieProposal
>
> A quick overview of Wookie is:
>
> Wookie is a Java server application that allows you to upload and
> deploy widgets for your applications. Wookie is based on the W3C
> Widgets specification, but widgets can also be included that use
> extended APIs such as Google Wave Gadgets and OpenSocial.
>
> I have agreed to champion and mentor this proposal, Gavin McDonald has
> also agreed to mentor, more mentors are being sought - let me know if
> you are interested.

Hi Ross,

The Wookie proposal has my high interest, especially from the bridging POV between W3C Widgets
and Google Gadgets.
Furthermore, I'm involved in Apache Portals (committer & PMC) and integrating these APIs
and features into a portal server (e.g. Apache
Jetspeed-2) is very much on our short list.
So I'd like to help with mentoring Wookie through the incubator as much as possible.

Note: while I'm an ASF Member, I'm not (yet) a Incubator PMC member, which I understand is
required for this.

Regards,

Ate