incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Incubator maven artifacts on maven central
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:32:20 GMT

Infrastructure has been getting requests from incubating projects
to put their wares on maven central via the Nexus installation on
repository.apache.org.  I have been quietly objecting to these actions
to no avail based on the grounds that the Incubator PMC Chair is
unaware of any policy changes in this regard, so I would like
clarification before continuing to honor any further requests.

Some people claim there was a vote held in October which settled the
matter, but as far as I can tell the results were a long way from
establishing consensus amongst the IPMC. So what's the story, has
the policy changed or hasn't it?  I'm looking for a definitive
answer to a straightforward question, not lots of opinions of how
things aught to be.

Thanks.  Please cc me on replies as I'm not a subscriber.