incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Mentors role after Graduation?
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 08:39:35 GMT
On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 12:49 +0800, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to clarify whether Mentors are expected to be on the PMC
> of a TLP graduating project or not.
>
> Someone told me that some podling in the past was requested to do so,
> while I personally have declined to be on any PMC I have mentored so
> far, although I have stayed on as an ASF Member observer at an arm's
> length to step in with advice, assistance and help if needed, for a
> 6-12 month period.

I think it is important to have some representation of the ASF
membership on a PMC. Perhaps the gauge is to stay on, as a member of the
PMC, until the PMC starts to breed its own ASF members.

It has certainly worked for me in the two graduated podlings I've worked
with - which come to think of it means I could resign both of them
now :-)

Upayavira