incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Apache VXQuery
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 06:53:08 GMT
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Cezar Andrei<cezar.andrei@gmail.com> wrote:
> Radu Preotiuc-Pietro has agreed to be a mentor for VXQuery, he is a
> member of XMLBeans PMC.
>
> The Incubation Policy:
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Mentor
> specifies that: "A Podling has one or more Mentors, one of which MUST
> be an Apache Member."
>
> Radu is not a ASF member, but Paul is, according to
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/members.html .
>
> This means that VXQuery would have 2 mentors one of which is an ASF member.
>
> Would this be acceptable to the Incubator PMC, specifically to
> Bertrand, Niclas and Kevan?

I am looking for Mentors with capital M, and that requires PMC
membership. Without ASF membership, there are quite a lot of tasks
that can't be done, and hence will all fall back to the Mentor, so
although I apprecate Radu's commitment and welcome his participation,
it won't qualify for addressing my concern.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er