incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <>
Subject Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki Project Rename - VOTE RESULT
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 04:32:21 GMT
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:48 AM, Les Hazlewood<> wrote:
> Apache JSecurity/Ki and extended Apache Community,
> The final results are in for the Apache JSecurity/Ki project rename vote.
> Here are the results:
> Apache Shiro: 16 votes
> Apache Aseca: 7 votes
> The new name by majority vote is "Apache Shiro".  'Shiro' (Japanese
> character *城), means 'castle' in Japanese, and is an appropriate name for an
> application security framework. and  *

I would like to congratulate the Apache Shiro community for a well
exercised name change. It was brought to the Incubator as a hopeless
proposition, one that would create another 1000 mail thread, bitter
debate and a long-drawn battle for nothing. I am glad that a straight
forward approach was taken, accepted and executed, with good results.
I hope that this community and others in the ASF can look back at this
time and see that collaboration as a team, without individual egos at
play, and a willingness to succeed is a great tool to move forward.

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer - New Energy for Java

I  live here;
I  work here;
I relax here;

To unsubscribe, e-mail: