incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject [VOTE] Graduation for Sanselan
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 02:11:48 GMT

Sanselan has been in incubation since September 2007. Sanselan is a
pure-java image library for reading and writing a variety of image

Monthly and then quarterly reports can be found at
The first official Apache Sanselan incubating release occurred on July
30th, 2008.
A few months back we took a final look at Sanselan's status with
regard to exiting the incubator. We concluded that while the code and
the committer for Sanselan were ready to exit the incubator, community
was an issue. We didn't see the prospect for getting enough of a
community to graduate Sanselan as a TLP. But Apache Commons was eager
to adopt Sanselan, and they voted to do so.
Sanselan is now ready to graduate the incubator and assume its role as
a subproject of Apache Commons.
Please review the checklist at
  and verify that Sanselan is ready.

+1 graduate Sanselan into Apache Commons
+-0 don't care
-1 don't graduate because...

Voting will remain open until Thursday June 25.

Craig L Russell
Incubator PMC, DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC

View raw message