incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL][VOTE] Apache VXQuery
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:05:55 GMT

On Jun 14, 2009, at 10:22 PM, Vinayak Borkar wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to formally present the incubator proposal for Apache
> VXQuery, a Java based XQuery processor, for a vote
>
> The full proposal can be found at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/VXQueryProposal

My apologies, I missed the original discussion of your proposal. One
question:

Is this a proposal to generate code from scratch? Or is there an
existing codebase which will be donated? There's a mix of tenses used
to describe VXQuery (e.g. "VXQuery works on..."). So, I'm not sure if
code already exists, or if this is going to be all new code...

--kevan