incubator-general mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Incubator Shindig version 1.0 (RC4)
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:04:11 GMT
+1 to release. I've just had a look and this looks ok to me, even with
those few generated files getting included in the distro i think its
ok to release this as-is. One comment inline below...

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Ian Boston<ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
> This vote has been in progress for more than 72 hours now. AFICT although we
> have a number of non binding votes from the PPMC, we have no votes from the
> Incubator PMC.
>

> Votes so far
>  Paul Lindner +1 (non binding)
> Ian Boston +1 (non binding)
>
> There were some other non binding votes cast by members Shindig community,
> but unfortunately the did not make it to general@incubator
>
> Having read the voting documentation, which does not mention lazy consensus
> for releases, I suspect that we should just abandon this vote and start all
> over again.
>
> However before I do that, I would like some advice from the Incubator PMC
> indicating that is the right thing to do?

I don't think you should give up on this vote yet, its only been 4
days and that includes a weekend so as theres been no -1 yet i think
it'd be worth trying to get another couple of votes for a bit longer.

   ...ant