incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <l...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Traffic Server
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:15:21 GMT
On Jun 25, 2009, at 12:52 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

>> Great! Once our legal get their ducks lined up (very soon I
>> hope),I'll
>> submit the official request for approval / vote. I want to resolve
>> the TM issues around "Traffic Server" before we do this, in case we
>> end up having to rename the project (but I hope it won't come to
>> that).
>
> Any progress on the topic?

Not yet, but apparently the legal person was away most of last week
and this week. I'll do some more prodding to get some answers here.

On a positive note, we got our report back from the 3rd party who did
a code review for IP ownership. There are a few "issues" we'll need to
resolve, but nothing major and we'll obviously have them resolved
before we push the source. The only "major" piece that might need to
get removed for now is SNMP support.

One question though to the Incubator people: Several of the issues
reported are around us using GNU configure, which is under GPL. How
does other apache projects deal with this? Is it just a matter of not
checking in the generated configure scripts, and expect people to use
the .in, .am etc files to re-generate the scripts? This doesn't sound
right though, because I'm pretty darn certain when I build Apache HTTP
for example, I don't have to run autoconf or automake.

Cheers!

-- leif