incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE ABANDONED] Release Apache Incubator Shindig version 1.0 (RC4)
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:40:43 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Ian Boston<ieb@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> ...If there is a reason why members of the IPMC have decided not to vote on
>> this release, I would like to hear them, before spending the time doing
>> another release and wasting the IPMC's time...
>>

> I can't speak for others, but for me it's been plain lack of time to
> take a serious look at that release - sorry about that.

Same here. Because of lack of time, I have totally neglected my mentor
duties and must apologize for that.

I digged in the source tarball and it looks good to me, not considering
the technical aspects for which I trust the Shindig devs judgement.

There's only one point I'm not sure about, which is the dependency on
the LGPL'ed Hibernate in the samples. Now it's an optional dependency,
that is furthermore only materialized in the JPA configuration and not
in Java code. So I guess it's fine.

So here's my late binding +1.

Sylvain

--