incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <l...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Traffic Server
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:04:25 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I know, and they may be prevented (by former employee contract) from
> talking about it until after Y! makes the code public. I would just
> place it on the "wish list" of things to do before graduating.

Sounds good. Do I need to put more explicit into the proposal draft?

> BTW, Traffic Server is a registered trademark (2304928) owned by
> Yahoo! Is that trademark going to be assigned to the ASF as well
> or does the project plan on changing the name?

So, legal is working on this, but it'll be a few days (at least) until
we have a final answer. Rest assure that we'll come up with a resolution
that satisfies everyone (that's what my VP told me).

> Sorry, I did not mean to imply that acceptance was conditional
> on the code quality. I am just interested in seeing if our
> projects can help each other once the code is available under
> the Apache License.

Ah yeah. There's a lot of interesting code in this project :). There is
also a bunch of code that, ehm, needs much polishing, and there's
definitely room to make lots of additions and improvements. I think
it'll be a fun project to participate in, and I'm sure we can mutually
learn from each others experiences.

> If there is a scarcity of mentors, then I will mentor this project.
> However, I'd prefer not to because my time is limited and I would
> not want to short-change the project.

We already got two new mentors signed up (thanks to your posts to the
httpd devel list I think). So, we're up to three now, how many do we
need to be considered for a vote? Is there anything else missing?

Thanks!

-- leif