incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <l...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Traffic Server
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:09:15 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Leif Hedstrom<leif@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>
>> We would like to submit the Traffic Server proposal to the incubator. Our
>> draft is available at
>>

> I don't see a direct problem with few non-Yahoo developers for
> entering incubation, but it will become the most important aspect of
> the incubation period to grow the independence of Yahoo as employer of
> the people doing the work.

Yes, that is definitely our goal (and I tried to document this in the
draft, but maybe I need to clarify more here?). We are communicating
with a few previous TS developers, to see if we can get a few non-yahoos
as initial committers. Even if that happens, our hope is that we can
attract developers pretty easily and readily as soon as we have the
source out there in the incubator.

> I like that this is not another Java app proposal ;-)
>
> I need to see more Mentors than Doug before I would vote on this proposal.

Yeah, we're still looking for more! :) It seems we have

   Doug Cutting
   Jean-Frederic Clere

and possibly (but not likely) Roy T. Fielding. It seems we would need at
least a couple more mentors, right?

-- Leif