incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <l...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [Proposal] Traffic Server
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:17:59 GMT
Good morning,

We would like to submit the Traffic Server proposal to the incubator.
Our draft is available at

    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TrafficServerProposal

A quick overview of Traffic Server:

Traffic Server is a Yahoo! / Inktomi caching proxy server. It has been
actively developed and used inside Yahoo! for the last 3+ years, and we
are now ready to begin the next step in it's evolution: make it Open
Source. TS is a fairly large piece of software (300k+ lines of C/C++
code), and provides features and benefits lacking in many existing
proxy/caches.

I am obviously looking for feedback and comments on the proposal, as
well as a few mentors. Doug Cutting has accepted to be our Champion.

Thanks,

-- Leif