incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: This problem of mine
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 18:12:31 GMT

On May 12, 2009, at 10:56 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On May 12, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com
>> > wrote:
>>> ...I'd like someone to come up with a concise argument that would
>>> allow me to
>>> let this go other than "nope, it's not the same".  Otherwise, I
>>> feel that I
>>> need to bring up a vote to put the issue to bed once and for all....
>>
>> The only thing that I can say is that from the ASF's point of view
>> your project's name is "Apache Ki", no just "Ki".
>
> So, this is an interesting point.  Can we change Apache Geronimo's
> name to Apache WebSphere and get a way with it?

The main point is that you and I disagree on whether FixFlyer Ki and
Apache Ki are in the same domain.

I have neither broad nor deep experience with securities trading
systems, but I do know what financial securities are. And I claim that
someone knowledgeable enough about computer systems to be in a
position to evaluate software for securities trading systems, should
know the difference between Java security and Securities Trading.

But to answer your question, if Apache WebSphere were a loose-knit
pajama bottom, I doubt that anyone would complain about the name
conflict. As it is, Geronimo and WebSphere are in the same domain.

Craig