incubator-general mailing list archives

From Maarten Bosteels <mbosteels....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache JSecurity/Ki rename - please submit suggestions!
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 21:24:30 GMT
Hi,

I just read http://markmail.org/message/kpk4x2bre4r4o2za
and my conclusion is that it's really absurd that the project is going to
change its name.

In that thread, most people expressed preference to keep the name
"JSecurity"
and as far as I could see there never came a clear, decisive answer from the
ASF legal team.
Or is the reply by Marc Poussin considered decisive and authoritative ?
Or maybe there's another thread that I missed ?

Both this thread and the one from last year are full of assumptions on legal
matters made by people that I assume are not lawyers. (I am probably guilty
of it myself)

I don't think it's a smart way to handle this issue.
Will this discussion start again and again every time someone posts a blog
comment saying they have been using name xxx in their company ?

regards,
Maarten