incubator-general mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve Release of Apache Sling MIME type mapping support Version 2.1.0-incubator
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 08:40:20 GMT
Hi Sebb,

sebb schrieb:
> The signing key for 0xF79B7715 is not in the KEYS file:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/KEYS
>
> This must be fixed before release.

Hmm, I added it to

    http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/sling/KEYS

But I now also added it to the sling/trunk/KEYS file

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/tags/org.apache.sling.commons.mime-2.1.0-incubator/
>
> If so, then this agrees with the tgz and source archives, except for
> line-endings.
>
> It would be helpful if the NOTICE file mentioned "JQuery TreeTable", e.g.
>
> "This product includes JQuery TreeTable software developed by"
>
> This can be fixed in the next release.

makes sense. done (for the next release)

> Maven reports the following problem:
>
> [WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered
> resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
>
> The encoding needs to be explicitly defined if the pom uses filtering.

We do not use filtering for now, so this is not an issue.

> It would be useful if the Manifest files in the jars contained the
> Specification and Implementation entries.

We have the OSGi manifest headers, mostly the Bundle-SymbolicName,
Bundle-Version and Bundle-Name headers. These are equivalent. But we
will certainly consider adding at least the Implementation entries in
future releases.

> The Javadoc jar does not contain a NOTICE or a LICENSE file (nor is
> the disclaimer mentioned)
>
> I think this needs to be fixed before release.

Hmm, too bad. So lets not publish the Javadoc packages and go on with
the release.

> ==
>
> There are various missing SVN properties in

Hmm, thanks for remarking ... Will have to recheck my svn config file
again ... (I thought I did that already ;-)

Regards
Felix