incubator-general mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Graduate Apache Sling as Top Level Project
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 07:31:47 GMT
Hi all,

The Sling podling has voted on asking the Incubator PMC to support its
graduation as a top level project.

The vote passed with 23 +1 votes (8 of which from PPMC members), no 0
and no -1 votes. The vote thread can be found at [1], the result at [2].

Sling has been in the Incubator since September 5th, 2007. During its
incubation, Sling has ...

 * produced two releases
 * added two committers/PPMC members
 * added a documentation committer
 * received numerous contributions

Finally, let me quote our Champion Jukka Zitting:

  <mentor hat on>
  Day employees are still behind the majority of Sling
  commits, but the project has shown ability to welcome
  new ideas and contributors and to include them as
  equal members in the development and decision making
  processes. Also the other graduation criteria have been
  met and I don't think there's anything more that the
  Incubator can give to Sling.

  Thanks to everyone who's been participating so far,
  and good luck to Apache Sling as a standalone TLP!
  </mentor hat on>

We have prepared the board resolution on our wiki at [3].

Regards
Felix

[1] http://markmail.org/message/76yu7qatqfqnrdme
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/sling-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg10305.html