incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: This problem of mine
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 22:33:28 GMT

http://www.juniper.net/security/

> That's why so many project go with names from biona or mythology.
>

>> Given the difficulty and the enormous amount of time spent already, we just
>> wanted to move on to focus exactly on the things you mention, and only worry
>> about changing the name yet again if it was absolutely required by the
>> Incubator to do so.  That being said, if the Incubator says "the Ki podling
>> must change its name", then fine, we'll be happy to do so, but most of us
>> didn't want to spend the effort worrying about it unless necessary.
>>

> To me, it seems neccessary, but this is just my 2 eurocent.

It took 4 months to move from JSecurity to Ki, just because, very like
this thread, people are *discussing* for ever something which would be
immediately solved if common sense was applied : avoid as much as
possible any risk, and change the name if the risk is becoming a reality.

It will take another 4 months to decide to switch from Ki to something
more appropriate if we follow the same pattern. That's a waste of time
and energy.

Bernd, I'm totally on the same page with you.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org